Facial or Cosmetic Acupuncture
What Is Facial Acupuncture?
You may have come across a few different terms that are used to describe facial acupuncture. Cosmetic acupuncture, facial rejuvenation and facial revitalisation are often used interchangeably. The implication of words such as “revitalisation” and “rejuvenation” is sometimes open to interpretation so, for the purposes of this page, I’ll use the term “facial acupuncture.”
How Does It Help?
A course of 10 – 12 treatments can help to:
- Erase fine lines, deeper wrinkles diminished
- Lift sagging eye lids, reduce bags/circles
- Firm jowls and minimise double chin
- Improve muscle tone and stimulate collagen production
- Eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism and eliminating excess fluids
- Improve hormonal balance, benefits acne Increase circulation of blood and lymph to the face and improves facial colour
- Moisturise the skin and tighten pores
- Significantly reduce the appearance of scars and age spots Slow the ageing process from within
- Reduce stress evident in the face
- Promote overall health and well being
Facial acupuncture is not suitable for those who are pregnant, those who have recently had botox treatment to the face (give it 3-4 weeks) or those who are prone to severe headaches/migraines.
Facial Acupuncture – What’s That?
Download my free ebook to learn more about this topic.
How Does It Work
Your acupuncturist will use the finest quality specialist needles. These are inserted into the skin of the face, neck and head for a natural anti-ageing treatment that aims to rejuvenate overall elasticity and complexion.
The needles used on the face create a “micro-injury” to the skin which sets up the body’s natural healing response. This is the way the body heals tissue after the initiation of ‘acute inflammation’ and part of this process is known as “collagen induction.”
The collagen is used to repair the microinjury, although in essence there has been no injury.
This collagen is what improves the appearance of the fine lines etc
Need to know more?
Get In Touch
by phone, email or free consultation