Acupuncture for Fertility Support
Acupuncture for fertility support can help those trying to conceive naturally and those who are undergoing assisted conception treatments such as IUI or IVF.
Acupuncture can have a normalising effect on the reproductive hormones and can help rebalance your cycle in the following ways:
- a regular cycle, between 28 to 30 day cycle: when in good health there will be no premenstrual symptoms
- improve cervical mucus to aid the sperm to swim into the fallopian tubes
- regulate ovulation
- encourage a healthy menstrual bleed (which reflects the quality of the uterine lining) The blood should be bright red, not contain clots or be mucusy, not be too light or flood
An important note to consider is that it takes three months for both egg cells to mature and for sperm cells to develop. This means that the three months prior to conception are very important.
If you are able, use those three months wisely – optimise your nutrition, try to reduce stress levels, improve blood flow with appropriate exercise, if you are an “over-exerciser” you may need to cut back, take the right supplements and schedule some acupuncture!
Here’s how fertility acupuncture can help:
- fertility acupuncture regulates the hormone system
- treatments help to direct blood flow to the reproductive organs
- improve egg quality
- improve uterine lining
- improve success rates of IVF
- acupuncture can help with the undoubted stress of trying to conceive; it has been shown that acupuncture increases levels of endorphins and serotonin
Many things can seem to be out of your control when you are trying to conceive and it is an understandably frustrating time when things do not go as planned or as envisaged. But there are some things that are in your control and, importantly, are actionable and achievable for all (well, maybe a bit of willpower will be required!) You can download this free ebook to find out what you CAN do:
Six Strategies To Enhance Your Fertility
Download my free ebook
What’s The Process?.
Schedule a free consultation
Use the button below to schedule a free 15 minute telephone consultation. I’ll then call you back at the appointed time for our first chat.
Book your first appointment
Your first consultation gives me time to ask loads of questions to try to get to the root of your situation. It will also include your first treatment
Come up with your individual plan
I’ll come up with your customised plan which which will include an acupuncture schedule as well as nutritional and lifestyle considerations
Nutrition for Fertility
This ebook is a great place to start
If you’re wondering how you can optimise your nutrition then you can get my little ebook here
As well as acupuncture, other therapies may be integrated into your treatment.
- TDP heat lamp, often used to apply gentle warmth to the abdomen
- Moxibustion, or moxa, involves applying a warming herb to an area or acupuncture point either directly or on a needle
- Electroacupuncture applies electrical stimulation to specifically chosen points
I would be privileged to help you on your journey
Are you thinking of trying acupuncture to assist you?
Schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation with Eileen using the button below:
Schedule a Free Call