The non surgical, chemical free skin rejuvenation treatment that helps us fend off some of the unavoidable ageing effects of this modern world.
BLACK FRIDAY OFFER 20% DISCOUNT
What Is Microneedling?
I have introduced MICRONEEDLING into my services to replace facial acupuncture. Why? Well, for those who have experienced or read about facial acupuncture, it involves your acupuncturist inserting extremely fine needles along the fine lines, crows feet, furrow lines etc. of your face. There may be up to a hundred needles used. Wow, you may say! But that still leaves areas of the face not treated.
However, with microneedling, there are literally thousands of needle contacts with the whole of the area treated resulting in a much more complete treatment and hence, better results
You may have come across a few different terms that are used to describe this treatment: collagen induction therapy, facial rejuvenation and facial revitalisation are often used interchangeably. The implication of words such as “revitalisation” and “rejuvenation” is sometimes open to interpretation so, for the purposes of this page, I’ll stick to the terms “microneedling” and “collagen induction.”
Benefits of microneedling treatments.
This treatment is suitable for all skin types, including thin skin, and is safer than other ablative therapies.
There is minimal discomfort and minimal or no side effects or downtime.
Healing afterwards is fairly rapid and there is no post treatment light sensitivity.
How Does It Help?
A course of 3-6 treatments every 4-6 weeks can help to:
- Erase fine lines, deeper wrinkles diminished
- Lift sagging eye lids, reduce bags/circles
- Firm jowls and minimise double chin
- Stimulate collagen production
- Eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism and eliminating excess fluids
- Increase circulation of blood and lymph to the face and improves facial colour
- Moisturise the skin and tighten pores
- Significantly reduce the appearance of scars and age spots
- Slow the ageing process from within
- Reduce stress evident in the face
- Promote overall health and well being
- Can also be used to reduce hair loss and promote regrowth*
Just what you’ve been looking for?
How Does It Work
I use the GENOSYS NEEDLE PEN-K which is an automatic device for microneedling therapy.
It increases the absorption rate of active ingredients of skin care products by creating physical pathways through skin. And it promotes collagen and elastin induction through natural wound healing process of skin.
It uses 16 sterile needles to create microchannels in the surface of the skin which allows powerful skin rejuvenation products to penetrate the skin further while also stimulating the production of collagen.
The Needle Pen-K can create over half a million microchannels during a 5-10 minute treatment, penetrating deeper through the epidermis.
This encourages the absorption of the active ingredients used in the treatment making it far easier for them to pass through the upper layer to cells deeper in the skin than a simple surface application with no needling would.
Some things for you to consider:
Microneedling is not suitable for:
- those who are pregnant
- those who have recently had botox/filler treatment to the face (give it 3-4 weeks)
- those prone to keloid scarring
- those with moles, skin tags or lesions in the area being treated (I can work around small issues)
- those on immunosuppressant treatment due to increased risk of infection
- those with diabetes that are affected by skin numbness, slow healing etc.
- those who have used Roaccutane (isotretinoin) for acne in the last 6 months
- those with a current Herpes simplex virus outbreak or similar skin condition
- those with strong metal allergies (patch test can be done in mild cases)
In addition, please remember this treatment aims to improve things such as fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating natural responses. It is not going to give the effect of having a surgical facelift or chemical treatments like fillers and botox.
*Pease send a message if you are interested in the “hair growth” treatments. Be aware this requires an investment into 6 – 12 fortnightly treatments at £85 per treatment.
Need to know more?